Have you ever wished you were a bit heavier? Twenty pounds heavier?
Strange question right?! Especially coming from a GIRL!?!
Did I mention that I love to play basketball with my classmates? Well, when I play ball with the guys I wish I could put on 20 pounds, and then lose it as soon as the games are over.
Sometimes I find myself in perfect position to block a drive down the lane. Or I I beat them down on a fast break but can't take the charge. I chicken out because of their momentum and weight, and frankly I just get scared.
The boys do a wonderful job of letting us girls play with them, passing the ball to us, creating plays so we can shoot the ball. They even named a play called Whapple (Washington Apple) just for me. So that I can shoot just off the high post.
But a week ago, we played basketball after class. At the time I didn't think anything of it, but my chest met somebody's pointy elbow. I was fine that night, and the next day was the 3-3 tourney. I came home from that feeling 'old' and sore. Trying to run, cough, deep breaths and lifting with my arm caused some minor pain. With some convincing from Nurse Mom, I went to urgent care to get some x-rays.
The result were a bruised chest wall. So for now I'm on activity rest, hopefully next week I will be back out on the court, and with those 20 extra pounds, I wished for. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.