(I originally wrote this when I got the dress, but couldn't post my story until after the wedding, because it is bad luck for the groom to see the bride before then)
Saying yes, to the dress!
Todd and I had already planned a trip to Portland to see Jenna, before we were engaged. But once we got engaged this was the first time I would be seeing my sister, and my parents (as they decided to join us). We had been engaged roughly 2 months before I got to see my family.
Mom decided it would be fun to dress shop (and no sales tax!). we invited Suesue, to come join us as she had just moved, and was close enough to come.
Our first and only stop was David's Bridal! My goal was to find my dress that weekend, mostly because I hate to shop. Originally I thought about renting my dress, but the girl who hates to shop one over the girl who wants to be resourceful...
I explained to the lady helping me that my theme was country chic, and I didn't know what style I liked... but she was good and made my experience so much better!
It was the first dress I tried on, and it was PERFECT!!! But everyone told me I needed to have my bridal moment and keep trying on the others. They were all lacey, and form fitting, and I loved everyone of them. Even trying on the final three again, and then again.
But then the moment happened, where I got to ring the bell, and say yes to the dress!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.