
Stopping by the house one day to show Jenna (before it was officially ours).
Here Todd is opening the front door for the first time!
We officially got the keys on Tuesday, our first home maintenance project was to Lowe's to purchase a new key entry and new handles. ( I wasn't there for it, so here are the photos that Todd snapped for me)
Picking out the new ones
We have been looking for a few months, and had made a few offers. Here are some highlights from our first home searching experience:
- the first house was in Snohomish : Todd, Grandpa and Matthew were up on the roof inspecting it and in the attic looking at the insulation. There was no ladder, so they climbed on each other's shoulder's.
- we placed an offer on a tri-level home in Lake Stevens, along with SIXTEEN other people! Our bid came up number 7
- Todd put an offer on this house while I was away in Vegas! I didn't even know until I came back!!! But good thing we had seen plenty, and this little house fits our needs perfectly!

Checking out the house with Grandpa, Jason and Karim
Checking out the house with Grandpa, Jason and Karim
I can't wait to set up our first home, and get organized. After living in boxes for the past 7 months between my parents and grandparents home it will be quite nice to have some roots. But we couldn't be here without the support of family ( who housed us while we were looking); my mom who helped me stay financially focused so I can live within my means and save; Uncle Karim who was our realtor; and those who offered their trailers and doll houses for us to live in so we could have our own space as newlyweds!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.