Our first Christmas spent together as Mr. and Mrs. It was definitely a different Christmas this year for both of us, but one I wouldn't trade. We worked on sharing our traditions (I have to admit, my family is REALLY into traditions) and trying to create our own.
This was my first Christmas away from my family, and Todd's first time going back home for the holidays (and home since we have been married, we were in California for a quick whirlwind weekend trip this summer) . All things considered, I think it turned out fairly well. I was really concerned heading into the Christmas season, and flying to California if I would survive without opening presents with my parents wearing Santa hat's or sleeping under the tree with the cousins. Would it really feel like Christmas?! As the day quickly came, I realized how many sacrifices Todd had made for me - moving TWO states away from his friends and family. It was his unconditional love for me that made me realize, maybe I could give up some of my familiar "Christmas" traditions to learn what his were and to embrace the "Bush Family Christmas". And what fun we had; and in the end the only thing "weird" was the 86 degrees and sunshine! and not snuggling into my sweatpants and blankets on Christmas day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.