Mikaela and I spent four days last weekend in Utah visiting family. Family moved there roughly 2.5 years ago, and this was our first trip down. This was M's FOURTH state that she has visited! She sure does get around traveling. My aunt (uncle and cousins) did a wonderful job hosting us. It was the perfect amount of sight seeing, resting, playing and adventuring. It was inspiring, and I hope that when people come up here to visit, they can say the same.
We landed at 9:30 am, so we had a full four days. My aunt picked us up in SLC and we explored a bit of the downtown shopping and the Temple Square
 |
| Tabernacle or "Castle" |
Look at the blue skies! All the snow melted before we got there, but we could definitely see evidence in parking lots. Huge piles - 8 feet tall at least!
 |
| Crystal Hot Springs |
These hot springs have the most minerals (at least in the US). It was fun to go outside and be there at dusk/sunset and in the dark.
The next day we went to a local HS performance of Little Mermaid. It was phenomenal (esp at the HS level) complete with a live band playing the background music for the songs.
 |
| Meeting Ariel |
This was M's first theater experience. At one point she got a bit upset between scenes, because she thought it was over!
 |
| Walking the neighborhood |
|
 |
| Aggie for Utah State |
 |
| Aggie Ice Cream |
 |
| Beaver Mountain |
My uncle's company rented out the mountain for the evening. My cousins and my uncle snowboarded, while I got to check off skiing off my bucket list. I had a lesson, and then spent the rest of the evening on the bunny hill. My final run my uncle convinced me to do a 'green' run, complete with a lift... It was fun, and he was a great teacher, giving me confidence that I could do it. A few spills, but I made it down. My aunt and M spent the evening in the lodge.
 |
| The whole Group |
 |
| Saturday AM breakfast |
 |
| Waving goodbye! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.