Feb 19, 2017

Potty Training 1.0

Whelp, we are a month into potty training.  I decided to block out a weekend, where we stayed home and focused on going on the potty. We started on Friday and by Saturday I was ready to give up.  But Todd, reminded me we needed to stick with it.  And boy that night we had our first "I need to go potty" and a success into the toilet.  I never though I would have tears of joy over it. 
First successful potty
We used a reward system, after each success - an M&M and then a stamp.  After several stamps (~10) we achieved a movie night, a second movie night and then after ~20 ish stamps we went to frozen yogurt to celebrate.
M&Ms
Stamp Time
























Movie night
 We have been wearing pull ups aka nap/bed time underwear.  She has done really well with the going on the potty - we ventured to the zoo, church, Utah. 

We are now working on being dry all day - no accidents.  Working towards several dry days in a row will get us the chance to go ice skating or swimming.  Miss Mikaela hasn't quite decided what she wants to do.  We get different answers daily! 

Our only real hang up has been daycare - stating that they are busy and she continues to have accidents there.  I'm hoping that after a conversation with the director and teachers that every one will be on board with our potty training plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.