Jan 22, 2017

Collections

I'm not sure when it started, or exactly how, but I have a Starbucks mug collection.  I think it started when we went to the east coast and I bought the Philadelphia and NYC (which has since cracked) "You are here" mugs. 

Over the years, I have added to my collection:  (in some what of an order...)

1. Philadelphia - from our east coast trip during college.  We stopped to see the Liberty Bell.

2. Chicago - We took a road trip over one summer when I was in middle school.  But this one my parents picked up for me, when they were in WI watching my sister run at nationals XC.

3.  Nashville - Dad and I visited TN.  I had been accepted to PT school out there, and we were looking for apartments, checking out the school.  But when I was there I was accepted to APU!

4. Waikiki - Jenna and I went during her Spring Break, and I had just graduated from college.  What a fun trip to go on, spending time together.

5. California - From my time living and going to PT school.

6. Portland - Jenna found it for me (the mugs went missing for awhile), since she lives there.

7. Vancouver - My aunt bought it for me when she went up to Canada.  But I really remember the trip we took when I was in early HS.  Both our families went up for President's day weekend - checking out the science museum and ice skating.

8 and 9. Paris & France - souvenirs from my parents trip there.  As a rule, I usually only get them from places I visit.  So I guess I need to add this to my travel list. 

10. London - Again from a trip Mom and Jenna took.

11. Mexico - from our trip to celebrate Todd's Grandma's 80th birthday.  We walked into town (~1.5 miles) just so I could get this.  I have also been to Mexico two other times on mission trips in HS and in college.

12. Washington DC - from Mom and Dad's trip.  Again, need to add it to my travel list.  Todd and I talk about going here on our next trip (after all the upcoming weddings, of course!)

13. Florida - Speaking of weddings, I went last April, for my HS friends wedding.  Spending a long weekend in Miami.

14. Disneyland - I picked this up on our recent trip in December.  But of course I have many fond memories of this place.  It truly is the happiest place on Earth.  From going for the first time when I was 6, taking a huge family trip with all the aunts, uncles, cousins, going when I first moved to CA (to cheer me up after a breakdown, lol), getting a season pass when in school and of course taking Mikaela mouse.  =)

15.  Seattle - I had originally bought this for a Christmas gift exchange.  But it never happened... and Starbucks wouldn't take it back without the receipt.  The one's in town, don't sell this particular one, so they won't take it... So I guess I just add it to the collection.





Well, anyway, I needed a place to share and show off my collection.  I found this idea on Pinterest, and shared it with my hubby. He followed through because he is awesome, and sanded, stained and found the hooks.  Along with my Grandpa to engineer how to hang it, it's finally up.  The pallet is medium weight on it's own, but then putting all those mugs on and it became quite heavy!  I still need to add one more touch... My sister made a vinyl sign that I need to adhere to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.