Jun 11, 2015

8 Months

8 MONTHS

 


We continue to have one of the happiest and relaxed, go with the flow babies.  Todd and I consider ourselves quite fortunate for Mikaela and her little personality.  Once again, this month flew by!



Memorial Day

One of my baby blankets

Mikaela has FOUR teeth now - 2 on top and 2 on the bottom.  During this month we stopped breast feeding.  I'm happy that we made it this far, especially since I returned to work.  I was having trouble producing enough for this growing girl, and decided that the pressure of continuing was a stressful for me.  I miss our special time together, but I'm glad to get my lunch times back : )  Mikaela continues to be picky about eating solids - we have been doing well with cereal this past week.  She often blows raspberries, letting us know she doesn't want any food.  We sometimes let her explore her food, playing in it, attempting to feed herself.

If I could figure out how to find and then post my videos - I would.  This little girl discovered how to clap!  It is such a JOY to see her face light with excitement as she claps!

This months theme seemed to be adventure!!
Mikaela adventured to Portland to see Auntie Jenna and for Momma, Nana and Jenna to run a half marathon.  She was a good trooper in the car!

Mikaela graduated to sitting in a high chair at restaurants and sitting in the seat of grocery carts!
Graduating to the high chair

She went for her first bike ride!  She was babbling and talking for the first 3 miles, happy to ride behind daddy.  Then she discovered her helmet and attempted to take it off for the last mile, upset that she was unable to.
Holding on for dear life
Daddy's driving

Camping Adventures

Todd bought a hiking pack and promised to carry Mikaela on future hiking adventures.  We got in a practice hike at Little Mountain (following a paved road for 1.5 miles).  This little girl loved being outdoors and going for a ride.

We ended the month with Mikaela riding the airplane - for her 2nd trip to visit family in California.
Plane Ride x 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.