Mikaela had a busy first month of life! She has brought Momma and Daddy great joy this past month, as we have enjoyed getting to know our little miss. We are currently breastfeeding, which has been going well for Momma and baby. Although, there were a few tears by mom - it can be quite painful at first. She is very alert and loves listening to our voices. She is just starting to copy our faces - and I think she is smiling (and not just passing gas). I have enjoyed being home with her, and can't believe how quickly our time is flying. I will be going back to work at the beginning of the new year = ( and am still looking to find daycare. After her umbilical cord fell off, Todd and I transitioned to cloth diapering. And yes, we are washing the diapers ourselves. And no, we don't have a separate washing machine for just the diapers. It seems to be going fairly well, we mostly cloth diaper at home, and use disposables at night time and if we are going to be out for a fair amount of time. Speaking of diapers... a quick new dad story. During Mikaela's first week, eating would wear her out, and she would 'rest/sleep' during. So, in order to help keep her awake, I liked to have her wear just a onesie. Todd heard me ask - "just keep her in her onesie only" and took me quite literally. While I was getting ready to feed her, he was holding her and then noticed his pants were rather warm and damp. =) It has been fun watching Todd transition to the daddy role - he is getting more comfortable with how he holds her. Todd and I took her to church at two weeks, and it was fun to introduce her to all the people that prayed for us during the pregnancy and during delivery. The power of prayer is real - and it was definitely felt during this time. At two weeks old she came to a work meeting with me so that I could renew my CPR. It was fun to see co-workers and show off just how sweet she is. We are just in love with our little girl, and are excited to see what the next month brings. We went to the pediatrician at 1 week and she was almost to her birth weight. She was 7# 9 oz (39%) and was 21 in (87%).
 |
| Week 1 |
 |
| Week 3 |
 |
| Week 2 |
 |
| Week 4 |
Here are a few highlights:
 |
| With Nana and Poppa |
 |
| With Grandpa and Grandma B. |
 |
| With Daddy and Momma |
 |
| First shopping trip to Molbak's to visit Aunt Melanie |
 |
| Date night |
Todd and I have split season tickets with my parents. When Mikaela was almost 3 weeks old, we went to the game together, while Nana and Poppa watched her at our house. We are so lucky that we have a supportive family and that little Miss is so easy going. She takes the occasional breast milk bottle so that Daddy can feed her or we can have dates =)
Mikaela and I drove down to Portland for two days. She did awesome in the car!!! And didn't wake up until we were almost there - I was nervous about having to feed her at a random gas station. But she was a trooper. In her first month she has already made it to her 2nd state.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.