Nov 30, 2013

A month of THANKSGIVING

All month long Todd and I have been sharing each night at dinner what we are thankful for.  It has been pretty sweet to hear some of the things he is thankful for, and has made me stop and appreciate the smaller things in life.  For the most part, this task was not hard, but at times when nothing stood 'out' I realized how I take my easy, cushioned life for granted.  I was then humbled to be appreciative for the life I am living and to be JOYful for what I do have (even if it might not appear to be all that exciting).

1 - Thankful for a husband who protects me. 
2 - Thankful for power outages that allow Dad/daughter dates
3 - Thankful for my cousin Alyssa!  Happy Birthday!  celebrating with breakfast after church.
4 - Thankful for a husband who knows how to change car lightbulbs; that are dead as a doorbell!
5 - For my job - how awesome is it that I get to help people reach their physical goals?
6 - Since it is Wednesday, and I miss my small group community and atmosphere; I'm thankful that I got to be a part of the Ideals group
7 - For going to band concerts (for Jason) and the Dairy Queen trip afterwards with the family.
8 - BIG kid cousin time (see Portland - again! post)
9 - getting together with the Banning 5 for lunch
10 - getting the Pac-12 network to watch the huskies (thank you to my hubby for agreeing that this fits in the budget)
11 - the beautiful sunrise I witnessed on the way to work
12 -  Thankful that I have been married to my husband for FOUR months!
13 - Thankful for a safe flight into California!
14 - For my friendship with Jessica (my first friend in California, who happened to be my roommate, and also introduced me to my husband) and the ability to have a lunch date with her.
15 - For my friendship with Kelli, I'm thankful for her marriage to Andrew. 
16 - For my in-laws, thankful that I married into such a fun and wonderful family.  One that even picks me up from the airport at 12:15 AM
17 - Thankful for a day of rest with my husband.
18 - I'm thankful for yummy leftovers
19 - Awesome co-workers, who make the crazy patients more bearable
20 - Date nights during the week with my hubby, dinner and a movie (a rare treat for us!)  In fact Todd rented the whole theater out for me (we were the only ones in there)
21 - Winter sunshine, blue skies
22 - Dinner ready and served on the table when I got home from work)  (Along with a cosmo!)
23 - For a house to clean = )
24 - For family that is supportive through life's ups and downs
25 - Waking up when my alarm is SUPPOSED to go off, but I actually forgot to turn it on.  Happy Monday!  And for no cars on the way to work, when I left 3 minutes to late
26 - That my father in-laws partial knee replacement surgery went well.
27 - For the upcoming 4 day weekend to spend with family and friends.
28 - Thankful for a country that I can freely worship my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.