The Month of May was quite busy and fun in our house. It seemed that we waited FOREVER for winter to end. Spring seemed to dash by, and it feels as though summer has hit us!!! YAY!!!!
Here are some high points for the month.
1. My cousins HS track team had a crawfish boil as a fundraiser. Here Todd and M are enjoying a little southern flare.
2. I had been wanting a backyard fire pit for quite some time. I kept thinking I would buy one when it went on clearance. Well this year, I almost pulled the trigger prior to the start of the season. But, I'm so glad I didn't!!! Todd found this beauty at the neighbor's garage sale for $5. We had the neighbors over for a weeny roast and smores!
3. We met Daddy for a lunch date! Momma had to run some errands around the mall, and Daddy works close by. It was sure fun to see him mid day.!
After several stores - dashing in and out of downpours - and good behavior by us both it was time for treats! Coffee for momma and a cookie for M. But as you can clearly see - she was exhausted and didn't finish her cookie before she fell asleep.
4. My toddler knows about my secret stash of M&Ms!!! We had used them as a potty training tool, and have long since abandoned getting treats for going. She has had ZERO accidents this month (at daycare and at home!!!) We still are using pull ups for nap and bed time. But back to the story, every now and then she will ask for a m&m after using the potty. This time I denied her, telling her we didn't have any more. Well, she clearly thought we did, and wanted to go right into the cupboard. I sincerely thought we didn't have any. But a nice elf must have replenished my supply. 
Now to find a new hiding spot...5. Have we mentioned how much we enjoy going to the zoo??? I know these pictures don't capture the live animals, but here she is riding her orange horse. Just like at DisneyLand. It captures her joy. She wanted to ride the orange horse, this one didn't go up and down, but she was so excited to be riding the orange one.
On this trip she also conked out! I couldn't believe it! She rarely falls asleep in the stroller, and never at the zoo. She wanted to see the bears before we left, but she fell asleep before then. I captured this pic of her in front of a poster, just in case she asked.
| Hibernating?! |
Quite a bit of the family went, and we all stayed in the same hotel. Here we are swimming at 10 pm at night! M had so much fun!
7. We finally found a place for Maddie Bear. She has moved around the house, but I think she has found her final home. This corner under the bar counter is perfect for a reading nook! 
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.