Jan 8, 2015

Three Months







Little Miss is 3 months old!!!

This last month was a whirlwind of events from the holidays to momma starting back to work and Mikaela to daycare - and of course many milestones for little miss.




She started sleeping through the night! and all on her own, I can't take any credit.  I had read blogs, newsletter and asked other mommas for advice on how to drop the midnight feeding (as I wanted to create a routine prior to returning to work).  We tried the "dream feed" but she wasn't happy about being woken up and ate poorly, so we ditched that idea.  We have a bed time routine (that we use based on her cues) of changing into our pjs and reading a story and then feeding her.
Baby Yawns

She is tracking objects, and is now starting to reach out for items on her activity mat (although randomly and by chance) able to grab at it.  She loves her mobile that we have in her crib - her face is pure JOY and her legs kick with excitement.  (My mom insisted that her granddaughter have one, and I thought it was so strange how persistent mom was - but now I know why!).

She saw Santa and decorated her first tree on the way to celebrating her first Christmas.  She rang in the new year - 2015 - early with her 'boyfriend' even catching a new year 'kiss'.
NYE KISS

I started Mikaela with tummy time early on, so that she was used to being on her tummy.  She is now able to lift her head and chest up.  I was videoing her tummy time one night at 10 weeks and she ROLLED OVER!!!  (And no, I didn't use any tactile cueing to help her).  


Mikaela was introduced to basketball (I'm hoping she will play someday!).  She watched all her cousins play at their middle schools and high schools.
Future-Present-Past Spartan!
First UW Basketball Game!  (It was fun even though UW lost)
Watching cousin play with Great Grandpa and Uncle
 She spent the night at Nana and Poppa's while momma and daddy had the Elf party.  I was slightly nervous that she would wake in the middle of the night, but she slept like a champ.  I gave my parents my frozen milk and off she went. 

She was introduced to the KNOBS group (the name the ladies in my family have given our group/outings - it is the initials of our last name) with my aunts' birthday.  She stayed in her SECOND hotel, the downtown Sheraton.  We rode a horse drawn carriage and took a limo downtown.


She is beginning to "talk" by cooing.  She especially likes talking with Daddy. 

We love our little Miss Mikaela and I continue to be amazed as she reaches new milestones and how she really has come to join our family (and she tolerates Momma and Daddy bringing her all over!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.