Apr 18, 2011

AZ to NV

I had over two weeks off from classes to travel across Southwest America.



The first big trip was driving over to Glendale, Arizona to visit one of my besties, Athena.
I met her newest little one sweet Genevieve, who is 11 weeks old.


I think this is the same age that I met Joseph!


I am so thankful for the ability to drive over on breaks to visit with Athena. Over the past two years I've made 3 trips out to the AZ. What a blessing!!!

Cheesy Smiles from Joey and I


I learned what life is like with two babies under 19 months. We did get out to walk to the park, played on the playground and attempted to swim in the pool. Both her children are very well behaved!

One night we walked to frozen yogurt with a friend of mine, Keith, from Western. He is also going to school at Midwestern. What a small world, and fun to catch up with him.

Driving trip #2 Las VEGAS!!! I rounded out break with a trip to Vegas with classmates (I think at one time we had 18! of us there)


We stayed at the Mandalay Bay (which has a great pool area!).


Kelli and I



Here I am gambling my only $1. I was quite picky I wanted to pull the handle, and it had to be the 3 to line up. Just like the movies... only no money came spilling out of it.


The ladies!

After driving a little over 1200 miles, thank goodness this next term isn't taxing! I have 6 day weekends. Yes that right WEEKENDS! My last term in the classroom, and the only class is 8 hours on Wednesdays.

All in all break was pretty fabulous, filled with fun and memories, old friends and newer friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.